November 27, 2016

Spinach Frittata


I just want to start off with, if you haven't heard of Whole30, you need to grab the book. This has changed my life forever. I no longer crave sugar and carbs. My mouth doesn't water when someone makes toast in my house. LOL. You know what I mean. I feel great. I no longer have afternoon energy crashes. I feel and think clearly. Not to mention all the awesome physical changes like a fantastic skin, trimmed down waist line and no more bloating. Ok, so this has got to be the cake winner for me. You know how you look great in the morning, flat tummy and no bloat. Then by evening, you have this tire around your waist and your rings fit tight? Well I look and feel like the morning girl 24 hours a day. No more puffy skin, water retention or gut bloat. If I did Whole30 for one reason, that would be it! 

Alright, if that hasn't convinced you to try making the dive in, this recipe will surely convince you!


Spinach Frittata

6 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp cooking fat (I used avocado oil)
1/2 diced onion
1 cup diced tomato
3 cups spinach
lemon juice

1. Heat oven to broil.

2. In large bowl whisk eggs, salt and pepper.

3. In large oven-safe skillet, warm cooking fat and add onion and tomato. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach and let wilt.

4. Add eggs and fold into veggies. Continue to cook without stirring eggs for 3-4 minutes. Eggs may look wet on top, that's ok.

5. Lay a few slices of tomato on top and drizzle with lemon juice, then slide into oven and broil until top is golden brown. This may take 3-5 minutes, depending on stove. 

6. Once done remove and cut into pieces.


This recipe made 4 servings for me, and was great served with fruit or sweet potato hash! 


Hope you enjoy!!

XO Tabs






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed my blog!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

xo Tabs